Monday, November 28, 2016

Behind the Scenes: Fantasy Book Cover Design

It's always refreshing when you finish a project. I've been meaning to design more premade book covers but never had the time. I finally finished them. Here's a look behind the scenes.

I designed this image for my newsletter subscribers.


 Since I'm turning it into a book cover, I didn't want to use it as is. I changed it.

Finding a companion image was a challenge. I tried different images but the silver dragon kept disappearing into the background. Then, I experimented. I blended two images


and got a surprising effect.


It looks like flames!

The silver background wouldn't work so I changed it to blue.


Alright! Here's the final cover:


Here's a paranormal fantasy cover:

Certain book covers will come in a package.



I designed the horizontal image first then turned it into a book cover. When you buy the cover, you'll get the wide image too.

Visit Aubey LLC to see the latest fantasy and horror premade book covers.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...