Monday, May 16, 2016

Fantasy Sword Design

Since I have the time now (sort of), I want to stretch my design muscles--make something purely for fun. Designing, like writing, is therapeutic. I can get in the zone and won't come up for air until I'm so tired I can't see straight. I'll be working with the fantasy classics-- swords, wings and dragons--pulling pieces from different images to create something new. Here's what I've done so far.

Meet Nyda Hal-- the Shadow Trapper. It summons the black dragon who controls darkness and death. The blade can vanquish demons and open the door to the underworld.

I pulled inspiration from Pinterest- collecting fantasy sword artwork onto a board.



If you had a fantasy sword, what would be its name and ability? 

Need some inspiration. Head over to Seventh Sanctum for their world building generators.