Friday, March 8, 2013

Fantasy and Photoshop


I've been having like a nerd- week. It's awesome. In the post, "Writing is About Giving Your Blood" (TAP!), I said I attended a publishing conference in Orlando. There, I won a year subscription to Adobe Creative Suite. I was like okay- I'd never won anything. This is cool.

I didn't realize what this actually meant until I got my membership info and signed in to Adobe Creative Cloud. Then, I had a full on freak out when I saw all the products I could now use, for free, for a year.

Photoshop was my first stop. Since I'm a more visual person, I plan to use it for World Building. I tried creating a bust of one of my characters just to see if I could. Turns out, it was a bit over my head. So, I went smaller.

Nothing to do with my story but it is fantasy related. This is three images and going into it, I didn't know if it would work. I put an image under the door then cut out the black space between the bars. 
This took forever. After a while, my eyes started going cross but, I like this kind of work- repetitive, takes all your concentration. Everything in me focused on this. It was a great way of relaxing my overactive mind. I had another awesome freak out when the fiery scene underneath unfolded the more I cut.

The next one was a lot harder but so much fun. I'm still working on how to blend images seamlessly into the background. I played around a lot with Blending Options and the eraser. Google helped but not by much. Mostly, I found information on things I already knew how to do. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out but there's still room for improvement. I'll figure it out eventually.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...