Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Business Side

I attended a workshop over the weekend on how to develop your 2-minute elevator pitch and confirmed two things I really wanted to avoid. I've developed my professional brand to help me get another job. Now, apparently, I need my "writer" brand. It took me a month to come up with my first brand statement, I am not looking forward to creating another one but...it has to be done.

At the end of the workshop, everyone networked- you know, passing out flyers and business cards. I was the only one who had nothing to pass out. I have a lot to learn when it comes to networking. People asked for my business card and I had to tell them I didn't have one. So, apparently, I need business cards as well. Good thing I'm good with computers. I can make my own. I've done it before or, I'll use Vistaprint.

It would be so nice if my work sold itself but, sadly, it does not. Oh well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...